Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Macro Monday - NaBloPoMo Day 29



 On this week's edition of Macro (it's still) Monday (on the West coast), we're going to take a look at some of the quilty things that filled up my day off and made it a delight.

 A legitimate quarter inch foot. Not just the 'I know the quarter inch is about two millimeters in from the edge' foot I'm accustomed to using, but a real one, with a guide bar and everything. ^_^



String piecing, which not only lets me sew 128 Oriental squares together in a flash, but will keep them nicely organized during pressing.

 Seams that go together perfectly. My Oriental BOM from Shibori Dragon is now halfway blocked. I'm surprisingly decent at keeping up with the block making too. Yay! 
 



A beloved fabric as it peeks out from a quilt top. I didn't really expect to cut this one up so quickly, or I probably would have bought more than a quarter yard this summer. Every time I spy it in this project I like the fabric more. Yeah, definitely gonna need some more.  

And finally, the project that I'm just not sure how to finish. The tops of these placemats are sewn, but I'm stuck as for how to quilt them. Something kind of French looking maybe? The toile, which is also going to back the set, has a very French countryside feel to it, but I have no idea how that can translate into quilting.



And that's it for this week. Hope y'all are having success in your quilting ventures today :D

1 comment: